About Maxwell D. Taylor
Max lives in Birmingham with his wife Kelly and their two children, Ethan and Caroline.
He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) as well as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™️ (CFP®).
In addition, he is also a licensed Alabama Real Estate Broker. His diverse background in financial planning, investment management, real estate, banking, and tax provides him with a unique skill set to help his clients manage all aspects of their financial lives.
When he’s not meeting with clients or researching the markets, he can often be found at a local sports field or court cheering on his kids, attending an Alabama football game or relaxing on the beach with a good book.
I have a passion for finance and investing that began when I made my first stock investment at the age of 15 and continued to grow as I studied Finance throughout my undergraduate and graduate studies. A major highlight in my investing career occurred in 2007 when I had the opportunity to attend the annual meeting for Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway in Omaha, Nebraska, which helped cement my investing philosophy.
- Invest in what I believe are high-quality companies for the long term.
- Avoid excessive trading.
- Pay attention to taxes.
- Dividends matter.
- Disregard the temporary “noise” in the market.
- If an investment sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
- Outside of CDs & treasury bonds, investments with guarantees almost always come with high costs and large commissions to the agent selling them, typically hidden from easy view.
- Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.
If your goal is getting rich quickly or you believe there is a low-risk way to “beat” the market, I’m probably not a good fit for you. If you are interested in meeting the financial needs of your family and growing long-term generational wealth, while sleeping well at night, please give me a call, and let’s talk. The ultimate goal is for my clients to be in a financial position so that when the markets are in chaos, they’re relaxed and excited about the opportunities being presented.
- University of Alabama – Master’s – Finance – 2000
- University of Alabama – Bachelor – Finance/Economics – 1997
- CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner (CFP®)
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP® (with plaque design) in the U.S., which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.